The Board of Trustees recognizes that district facilities and grounds are a community resource and authorizes their use by community groups for purposes provided for in the Civic Center Act when such use does not interfere with school activities. All school-related activities shall be given priority in the use of facilities and grounds under the Civic Center Act. Thereafter, the use shall be on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Superintendent or designee shall maintain procedures and regulations for the use of school facilities and grounds that: (Education Code 38133)
- Aid, encourage, and assist groups desiring to use school facilities for approved activities
- Preserve order in school buildings and on school grounds and protect school facilities, designating a person to supervise this task, if necessary
- Ensure that the use of school facilities or grounds is not inconsistent with their use for school purposes and does not interfere with the regular conduct of school work
FEES: The Board believes that the use of school facilities or grounds should not result in costs to the district. The Board shall charge according to facility use fee schedule to all groups granted facility use under the Civic Center Act. Groups shall be charged fair rental value when using school facilities or grounds for entertainment or meetings where admission is charged or contributions solicited and net receipts are not to be expended for charitable purposes or for the welfare of the district's students. (Education Code 38134)
TURF FIELDS AT BIS AND FRANKLIN
Prohibitions from Manufacturer to maintain Warranty
- Field must be kept free from food, gum, sunflower seeds, glass, cigarettes, fireworks, driving stakes and any sharp objects that will risk damage to the field and injury to players. Your field should also be kept free from debris, leaves, paper and windblown material. It is imperative that your FieldTurf field be a designated non-smoking area. Unauthorized maintenance equipment and personnel are prohibited.
- NO CHAIRS allowed on the turf by the community. Chairs could damage the surface and would create small “Divot” holes that require additional grooming.
City / Burlingame School District Agreement on Turf Field Maintenance Responsibility
- Beginning with the resurfacing of both Osberg (BIS) and Franklin fields in the summer of 2017, the District will bear sole responsibility and cost for the maintenance of both fields following the manufacturer’s and installer’s recommended maintenance schedule for such fields. Once a year the Liaison Committee will receive an update from the Parks and Recreation Department and the BSD Facilities Department on the condition of Franklin and Osberg Fields. As partners, the City/District can ensure the maintenance and upkeep and use of the fields is appropriate for establishing practices to maximize the longevity of our mutual investment.