We appreciate your interest in employment at the Burlingame School District.
To view and apply for all current openings, please check EdJoin.org.
When applying for openings, please be sure to include
- Your contact information,
- Educational history, including number of units completed and degrees earned,
- Employment history, including previous employers, dates of employment, job title,
- References, including reference name, title, address, email, and phone contact information.
- a letter of intent
- current resume
- three signed letters of reference - preferably recent and from a manager for whom you have worked.
- Official transcripts
- Credential issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (out-of-state credentials - must hold a professional-level credential to transfer to CA teaching credential)
- EI Authorization: CLAD, CTEL, or equivalent
- Satisfied the Basic Skills requirement
Certificated Substitutes are a vital resource to our district, but more importantly they are essential for our students and their continued learning. Burlingame is currently hiring qualified substitutes.
Requirements, must meet one of the following:
- California Teaching Credential
- Emergency 30 Day Substitute Teaching Permit
What is a 30 Day Substitute Teaching Permit?
The Emergency 30-Day Substitute Teaching Permit authorizes the holder to serve as a day-to-day substitute teacher in any classroom, including preschool, kindergarten, and grades 1-12 inclusive, or in classes organized primarily for adults. The holder may serve as a substitute for no more than 30 days for any one teacher during the school year, except in a special education classroom, where the holder may serve for no more than 20 days for any one teacher during the school year. This permit is valid for one year and is renewable.
What is the pay for substitute teacher?
A day-to-day substitute in Burlingame will be paid the daily rate of $225.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact Human Resources.
Director, Human Resources
1825 Trousdale Drive
Burlingame, CA. 94010
2023 EMPLOYEE HEALTH BENEFITS